Friday, February 25, 2011

Crazy Hair

 Attention: DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!!!!!



In October I was feeling a little bored one day and decided to dye my hair.  I chose a burgundy color, and it turned out soooo bad!  So I decided to dye it darker, well that didn't  turn out either.  I was freaking out about having to go to work with my hail looking sooo bad,  I went to bed all sorts of upset.... The next morning (Monday) I dyed my hair yet again, this time I tried to go back to blond....Nope! That didn't work either...lol


Murry from Sesame Street
It turned out with the funky red on top and on the ends of my hair, but all the stuff in between was blond. It was the weirdest thing. So I pulled my hair up and went to work. (I didn't really have a choice) Some people at work liked it, they said it was different and looked like I did it on purpose. Son said I should keep it that way. And other didn't say a word, but gave me that disappointing, disgusted look. I work in an office for the State of Oregon and that kind of thing is sorta frowned upon (un-natural hair colors) .

When my Aunt saw me she said I looked like Murry from Sesame Street. ( I still don't see the resemblance) Bryson would just laugh and laugh at me ( I think he agreed with my aunt). I decided to give my hair a break and left it that way for about 2 weeks (I kept it up in a pony so you couldn't tell as much)

I figured I had better just suck it up and go have it fixed professionally, so that is what I did. I went in there with the expectation of coming out with my beautiful blond hair and happy with the world again....


But that didn't happen, instead I was told that I would have to go darker, yes DARKER to be able to cover the mess I had made....I wanted to cry.... :(  but I guess darker is better then what I had going on...I couldn't look like Murry anymore! (not that I thought I did in the first place) So I agreed. 

It does look better than it did, but I still cried! The hair stylist told me that my hair was really damaged from the pregnancy and thats why it did what it did. I need to leave it alone for a while and let it have health grow out before I mess with it again. So that is what I'm doing. I plan to have it back to blond soon!  P.s. I'm NOT doing it myself. I'm going to have it done professionally!  lol





Whats your Home hair dye horror story?

No comments:

Post a Comment