Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Bryson and Cystic Fibrosis part 2

Aunt Judy, Bridgette and I got to Emanuel Hospital around 2:30. We found out were to go and headed up to see Bryson.

We got there just in time to see him in another contraption/surgery bed thing. He was already prepped for surgery and headed that way, I didn't even get to touch him or kiss him good-bye, my heart broke watching him get wheeled away again!

A nurse showed us to a special waiting room, and we waited, and waited, and waited... it seemed like FOREVER.

Finally the doctor came in and told us that Bryson's obstruction was called a "Meconium Ileus" and it's not that common. It could be from Hirschsprung's Disease or Cystic Fibrosis. Bob's face went white, Aunt Judy said "oh No" and I was like "what's that?"  All the Doctor would tell me was to look it up if I needed to but not to get too carried away until we knew for sure. They had taken Bryson's blood and sent it in. The results should be in by the following Wednesday. Well, that didn't help! The surgery went well and as far as we could tell.
This post ended up being shorter then I anticipated and I'm sorry...It's very difficult to think about everything that we went through. I will finish this another day but I still wanted you all to be able to read this much, at least. I truly hope that writing this will help someone else. If for no other reason then to know that you are not alone. Finding out that your child has a disease that you didn't even know existed (or even if you did know)is a pretty scary thing.



Thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment